Scriptis – Writer Agency Workflow System
The road to Excel Hell is paved with good intentions.
Excel spreadsheets start small, become useful, get added to, are copied, edited and stored locally, shared via email, become part of a spiderweb of linked data; and finally are consolidated by a helpful spreadsheet guru who makes them sing and dance, but then promptly leaves the company.
Research shows that 95% of companies use Excel for reporting. Forbes says that nine out of every ten spreadsheets contain a significant programming error. And in the US, JP Morgan reported that a staggering 8 billion dollars were lost due to errors in formulas or with cut and paste errors.
Keeping all of your data, documents and processes in a central repository is a key to avoiding those problems. There are many workflow applications online and many times, these work very well out of the box.
Digital Streams can advise you on how to adapt these to streamline your business and put you in control of your financial and operational data.
Or we can develop a system for you, precisely tailored to your unique needs.
Our workflow solutions have helped customers get a minute-by-minute overview of their business operations while acting as the “source of truth” for all operational and reporting data.
Here is what can be done:
- Manage your customer information and sales pipeline.
- Create projects, save budget spreadsheets and assign resources to tasks.
- Monitor progress by hours worked, results produced and budget commitments.
- Send automated emails and notifications when assigning work, creating purchase orders, accepting reports and documentation.
- Accept supplier invoices against purchase orders and job numbers, and when they are approved, upload them directly to your online accounting system.
- Monitor staff work hours, resource utilisation, estimates to complete and job yield in real-time and get warning notification if things are going out of specification.